Families of students from Kindergarten through Grade 8 may apply for Financial Aid HERE
Students are admitted to Saint Monica School on an annual basis. Continuance at Saint Monica School for each successive year will be based on attitude, behavior, adherence to school policies, academic achievement and the ability of the school to meet the child’s needs.
Saint Monica School’s admission policy is consistent with the Archdiocesan Policy of Non-Discrimination. Non-Catholic students are required to participate in Religion classes along with the other students. All students, including non-Catholic students, are required to attend liturgies and prayer services along with the rest of the student body. Saint Monica School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed or sex.
St. Monica School has open enrollment. You may fill out an application at any time. There will be an Open House during Catholic Schools Week in late January/early February.
Please note: Parents desiring their child to receive First Holy Communion with the St. Monica School second grade class, should have their child baptized before they enter second grade. After the age of seven, the child will be required to attend the RCIC (rite of Christian Initiation for Children) Program before they can be Baptized and receive First Holy Communion.
Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 1 Registration
- Preference is first given to students with siblings in the school, and then to parishioners, who register before Catholic Schools Week begins. Siblings and parishioners who register during or after Catholic Schools Week will not be guaranteed preference. Note: preference is also given to Pre-K students registering for five full days.
- Required application documents: Application Form, Birth Certificate, Baptism Certificate (if baptized), Current Physical with Immunizations, proof of a lead screening, and most recent progress report/report card (Grade 1).
- After siblings and parishioners, acceptance will be first-come, first-served.
- Pre-K: Meeting and interview with Principal or Early Childhood Lead is required for both student and parent.
- Kindergarten & Grade 1: students must pass a standardized readiness evaluation.
- Pre-K 3 students must be three by September 1 and be able to use the bathroom.
- Pre-K 4 students must be four by September 1 and be able to use the bathroom.
- Kindergarten students must be five years old and Grade 1 students must be six years old by September 1 (State Law).
Grades 2 through 8 Registration
- Preference is first given to students with siblings in the school, and then to parishioners, who register before Catholic Schools Week begins. Siblings and parishioners who register during or after Catholic Schools Week will not be guaranteed preference.
- Required application documents: Application Form, copy of birth certificate, Baptism Certificate (if baptized), physical with immunizations and last report card, as well as two letters of recommendation from current teachers and a discipline report from the Principal of the school child is currently attending.
- Previous school will be contacted.
- Applicants must meet established grading criteria for academic subjects and conduct and effort standards (as evidenced by current report card, letters of recommendation and discipline report).
- Interview with Principal, parent and prospective student is required to review the expectations of St. Monica School.
Note to all Registrants
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required at the time of application.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $100 is required at the time of acceptance.
- A tuition waiver is required for any child coming from another Catholic school.
- All new Students, Grades PK-8, will be accepted on a trial basis. Parents will be updated on the progress of their child’s adjustment to Saint Monica School both during and after the trial period.